Sunday, August 02, 2009

Some New Things!


This past week I changed the menu at North End, only slightly. As mentioned in a previous post, the salads and desserts were unacceptable, so I changed those this week. The way I approached those were to make them solid and have all the products so we didn't run out of anything. Mission accomplished.


I forgot to take pictures of the new stuff, so I will get some up this coming week. Here is what I added though:


Red, Wine, and Blue Salad: Field greens with roasted red peppers, blue cheese, pickled red onions, and red wine vinaigrette.


Cucumber and Tomato Salad: Local heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers, red onion, arugula, feta cheese and apple cider vinaigrette.


Desserts:

-Flourless chocolate cake, ancho chile chocolate glaze, salted caramel, vanilla ice cream

-Strawberry shortcake, vanilla whipped cream

-Mom's mint chocolate chip ice cream pie, chocolate snow


In addition to adding those, I switched the menu around so it featured the salads (and a soup du jour) on their own page, instead of hiding them at the bottom of the entree page. Seemed to work, because we sold 40-some salads on Friday! The tomato-cucumber salad is selling like crazy, no surprise! Use good, local ingredients and you're bound to sell the product.


I will be changing a few more things this week. On my list to change are the pork, salmon, and probably the halibut. Maybe add another steak and, wait for it............PORK BELLY!!!!


Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home