Food.~is~Life. Chef Jeff Jarrett's Blog.
This is about my life with and in food. I'm a chef. I create food. I eat food. Through this medium, I'd like to take you into my thoughts on creating food, and art, on a plate; and with me as I journey through the world of food.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Weekend Specials at North End
Just wanted to fill everyone in on this weekends specials at North End Wine Bar in Hudson:
1) Red wine braised chicken thigh, butternut squash risotto, crispy parmesan
2) Beer braised pork belly, red rice infused with applewood, honey glazed carrots, brown ale reduction
3) We are now doing pizza of the week. This week it will be a white pizza with Italian sausage, spinach, potato, and parmesan.
Few random thoughts:
1) Check out what may be my logo in the future, and tell me what you think. Be honest! That's the only way it can be perfect!
2) Great article on whether to review a new restaurant or not over at http://dineomite.blogspot.com/ Check it out!
3) If you haven't given to help the Veggie U program, what are you waiting for??? Go to http://www.veggieu.org/ to view what it's all about or http://clevelandfoodie.com/ to read more about what local Cleveland chefs and restaurants are doing to help. Call 419.499.7500 and donate $5 and be entered to win $1600 in gift certificates to local Cleveland restaurants (you must mention Cleveland Foodie). It's a great cause, please help.
Remember: Support your local businesses. Buy Local!!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Just wanted to give thanks to Dante Boccuzzi, who was kind enough to link my blog on his blog.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
It's been awhile since I've posted. Shame on me. Been a rough couple weeks. Rough in a good way, I guess. Been working on changing the menu even more, to make it more of what I want to do. We've been changing a few items a week, so as to not overwhelm us in the kitchen, but also keep things fresh.
Here are a few pics of some new items on the menu:
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Friday, August 07, 2009
Local Flavors for Local Foodies
On Thursday night, I did a 5 course dinner for some local foodies. The dinner was called Local Flavors for Local Foodies. Each of the courses had at least 1 ingredient that was locally grown. Some courses had multiple ingredients that were local.
Monday, August 03, 2009
Sunday, August 02, 2009
From My Garden
These are all from my garden. I got a late start to the garden this year (mid-June), but I'm hoping to get a few things from it. Tomatoes are coming in good now, but no where near ripe. The San Marazano are the ripe ones, but are super tiny.
Almost forgot to mention and thank Nancy Heller and Joe Harvey for the press they gave me this past week or so.
I've known Nancy for 3 or 4 years now as a guest to I think every restaurant I have worked at. She's also soooo wonderful in trumpeting local, independent restaurants. She is always the first to give a chef credit for a wonderful meal and share it with the internet world.
Joe is the community manager for Northern Onio LocalFoodService, a website for local foodie news. http://northernohio.localfoodservice.com/index.cfm
I just became acquinted with Joe this past week when he was kind enough to mention me on the website. http://northernohio.localfoodservice.com//apps/news/local_news.cfm?nid=34002&ntoken=4000599299
Thanks for the press, it's much appreciated.
Some New Things!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
First Day at North End Wine Bar